Responsible for providing clerical, secretarial, and administrative support as required by the department. Uses independent judgment to plan, prioritize, and organize a diverse workload. Interacts with a wide variety of internal and external customers. Models appropriate behavior as exemplified in MLH Mission, Vision and Values.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Two years clerical experience to include work in MS Office.
- Must be proficient in the Microsoft Office program or programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) as indicated in the specific function within the department.
- Skill and proficiency in performing secretarial responsibilities such as typing and letter composition.
- Skill and proficiency in oral and written communication including spelling, grammar, punctuation, and composition.
- Proficient in use of basic office equipment; multi-line phones; and data entry.
- Demonstrated organizational skills with ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to evaluate problematic situations and be able to adapt, respond to, and/or notify/advise appropriate staff in order to resolve the situation/issue.
- Demonstrates discretion in dealing with confidential information and sensitive issues.
- Proven record of providing excellent customer service both internally and externally.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Types and/or prepares correspondence and/or materials for the department using Microsoft Office programs.
- Offers assistance to visitors, answers the telephone, and handles mail for the department.
- Performs administrative, scheduling and support functions for the department.
- Orders and maintains supplies, materials, equipment, etc., for the department.
- Maintains various departmental records in compliance with department policy, hospital policy and/or governmental regulations.
- Performs various office support duties specific to the department assigned (check all that apply). This section must constitute at least 10% of job duties or considered Other job duties.
- The physical activities of this position may include climbing, pushing, standing, hearing, walking, reaching, grasping, kneeling, stooping, and repetitive motion.
- Must have good balance and coordination.
- The physical requirements of this position are: light work - exerting up to 25 lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to 10 lbs. of force frequently.
- The Associate is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity, such as preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; or extensive reading.
- The conditions to which the Associate will be subject in this position: The Associate is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions; job functions are typically performed under conditions such as those found in general office or administrative work.
- May be required to travel between Methodist LeBonheur Healthcare hospitals.
or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Post ID: 34665047 memphis