Technical Leadership: Lead and manage all aspects of the foreign tax accounting and reporting, compliance and provide audit and planning support on a global scale while getting to develop and optimize processes in each of these areas.
Talent Management: Manage a team of 3 direct reports while working closely with regional tax teams on a collaborative, world class tax team.
Industry Leader: International Paper is a global, dynamic company with business leaders and executive leadership that truly supports and values the tax function.
Purpose of the Position: The Non-US Tax Senior Manager position is involved in all aspects of income tax compliance, tax accounting and research for the companys foreign operations. This position will report directly to the Director of Global Tax Operations and leads the team responsible for reviewing the foreign tax provisions, monitoring local country income tax filings, and preparing the Federal income tax reporting of the foreign operations. Additionally, this position is accountable for coordinating and supporting efforts, including leading modeling efforts, associated with non-recurring special tax planning projects.
- Review of the quarterly tax accounting process including effective tax rate and cash flow estimates for the companys non-US locations
- Review of the company's US Federal income tax return filings relating to the companys non-US entities including all necessary statements and elections for transactions related to foreign entities
- Establish and maintain modeling in support of tax reform and our international tax positions
- Supervising and developing a team of three direct reports
- Research, analyze and interpret tax laws or accounting guidance and provide written memoranda on various projects and transactions
- Ensure the review and completion of accurate working papers supporting all U.S. Federal tax positions including providing support to the IRS Audit Manager
- Support transfer pricing analysis and documentation including the country by country report and master file
- Continuously look for ways to improve processes, increase efficiencies and improve the quality of the teams work product
- Minimum twelve (12) years of international income tax experience with a large corporation or major CPA firm
- Minimum seven (7) years of leading a team
- Masters Degree in Accounting and/or CPA License (preferred)
- Advanced knowledge of ASC 740 (FAS 109)
- Expert-level skills in Excel
- Experience with OneSource Provision and/or CorpTax
- Strong organizational skills & attention to detail
- Strong communication skills - both oral and written
- Available to travel globally 30%
- Global Business Acumen
- Technical and Functional Skills
- Directing Others
- Developing Direct Reports and Others
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Presentation Skills
- Managing Diversity
- Drive for Results
or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Post ID: 35222792 memphis